Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I´d swim across lake Michigan...

My Bad guys... i changed the settings on my blog so now you can post comments without having an account. So feel free.

I'm just getting over some sickness that i had yesterday. Jose thinks that it was a stomach infection from contact with some of the local water, i really don't know what it was. I just hurt and felt like i was burning up all the while i was shivering. I'm also adjusting to the high altitude here so i have a mild case of altitude sickness. I'm however feeling much better now, water and sleep and advil makes miracles.

Yesterday, Becky, Jose, and I went up to the Virgin of Quito, which is this huge statue of the virgin who is standing on top of a snake. It was on top of this hill that is in the center of Quito i think, and you can just see the new parts of Quito stretch into the distance one way, and the rest stretch out the other way. Quito is not too wide but its quite long, apparently at least 40 km. The view was beautiful at the top and there are these mountains that lay just to the east of the statue that are gorgeous. I took lots of photos and a video too.

Just so everyone knows in the family, i have officially meet Jose. He´s a really cool guy and jokes around a lot. I think he is nice, and I'm happy for Becky :) We just roughly planned out our month together and it looks like its going to be a Blast! I cant wait. We´re starving though so were headed out to grab a bite to eat now. Gotta go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bah. I told you it wouldn't let me leave comments. Of course, now you're with me . . . hmmmm . . . bummer.