Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sorry i take it back..

i actually like Papaya.. (sry Cass...)

In Mexico the Papaya was this interesting pinkish color that had this weird chemically taste to it. I didn't like it at all but it was served for breakfast every morning, so i lived with it until the watermelon, mango, and cantaloupe arrived. But here is Ecuador the papaya looks like a mango. Its yellow like a mango and taste mistakenly familiar. Today at breakfast i thought i was eating mango and Becky contested and said that it was papaya, i really couldn't believe her but she is the expert here I'm not. Anyways, the yellow papaya is the good one, its more sweet and doesn't taste "unique." The mangos here though apparently are more pink and they actually are the ones that i was told in Mexico dont taste as good as the yellow ones, however the skin on the outside looks a lot cooler because its a greenish-red color at times. So, words of advice, eat the fruit that is more of a yellow color, its better.


Its interesting, very interesting, well actually not too surprising at all really. I'm at this café in a part of Quito that Becky calls "Gringo-landia" because of the high percentage of white people who reside here. Anyways, while i was on the phone every other person who walked by was of a white complexion and every Ecuadorian girl who walked by stared like someone was having sex in the booth. The phone booth i was in had one walk that faced the sidewalk and it was a full widow. Secondly, when i got off the phone they started playing Apologize by One Republic, and then Bejörk ¿sp? Its just funny to me.

Last night Becky and I planned out our month and it looks really exciting, i cant wait to take some photos of these places and explain them. Its going to be great! I also found the 4th season of Lost on DVD here and i had to buy it. The complete season only coasted me $9 hehe. I missed the season finale and in México my host sister would watch the episodes with me, so therefore i had to buy it. The season finale was.. well yeah.. its Lost if anyone knows what that means.. pretty much you're lost.

I got an email and apparently my brother watched a bank robbery in Seattle and filmed it with his phone and then was interviewed by King County 5 News. But here is the link to that, http://www.king5.com/video/featured-index.html?nvid=259602 It wont work here so i havent seen it but i think it sounds interesting from what i hear. Its interesting knowing whats going on at home while I'm abroad, its nice because i wont be too out of it when i come back but it also feels kind of weird because I'm so far away.

Anyways, Becky and I are headed out for su-shi with José in a minute (I've been craving su-shi ever since i made some in México with my friends) and then we are going to go to the Artisans market after. I hear its really good and worth it. Ill post later.

P.S. Becky is reading my blog right now on another computer and its funny watching her reactions. I didn't know that you could tell the bus driver to stop when your friend isn't on the bus with you, like Scott in Tepozlan. Who would have thought. It was actually really funny watching the whole scene play out with my sitting across the isle watching as Courtney waves her arms through the air at the closed window and knocks on it trying and grab Scott's attention who is like 50 ft away. Their reactions were priceless. That's all for now.

No comments: