Monday, June 30, 2008

Quito

Im here and i made it safe!

First off, it has been brought to my attention that i have some grammatical errors and i apologize hehe. After studying spanish and talking it for the majority of a month and a half sentences get stringy and jumpy and i sometimes cant figure words out, so please forgive those little mistakes ;) I also want to say that i know its dificult to post on my blog if you do not have an account so i understand. I know that there are people out there reading it, so no worries there. Moving on..

The flights and everything worked out as the were suppose to. My connection in Panama City was only 45 min long and the plane landed at like 5:55 and i couldnt get off of it till 6:15, but there is the funny thing, my other plane was boarding at 6:06! Great luck thought because when i got to the gate i was able to start boarding right away. Flying into Panama City was really nice, i changed my seat because a mom was traveling with her two young kids for the first time and they wanted seats all together so i gave up my window seat for a middle seat. Panama City looks like it would be a lot of fun, there are litterally skyscrappers that go right up to the beach of the sound that comes into the port. It reminded me of New York in a way, eventhough i have never been there. I definately think i need to go visit Panama sometime in the future.

Flying into Quito was preety sweet. I was getting in around 8:40 and the city was all lit up with lights. I took a video of it. I has to probably be one of the most beautiful cities i have flown into ever. I had to go through customs which always take a while and i met this really cool American who was going into the cloud forest to teach to kids for a month.

After cutoms i went to look for my bag and i was a little worried that it wasnt going to be there because back in D.F. they told me that my bag was on a direct flight to Quito, while i was on a connecting flight through Panama, but nonetheless my bag will be there. It was there and it came out of the little belt right as i walked up. Traveling yesterday was really easy and im glad that there werent any conflicts because it was my birthday. Being away for my birthday is not a really big deal for me. Its kind of lonely but the fact that im in D.F. then Panama, and then Quito definately makes up for it.

When i came out of customs i walked into a crowd of thousands of people holding signs and yelling names out like Sebastian. I finally found Becky towards the door and i met Jose! But i have to run now, Becky and i just dropped by an internet cafe (which are so much nicer than the ones in Mexico) and now were going to one of the malls. Ill post later.

No comments: