Tuesday, September 23, 2008

And the world spins madly on...

Life flies by you in the blink of an eye, and if you don't treasure the present, all you have left is the memories of the past.

It was hardly yesterday when i was a worried about going to College and moving into the dorms. The day before that i was worried about leaving high school and going into Running Start, but now look at me. I'm living all the way across the world in, on my own, in an apartment with a man from Nepal.

Tonight is a cool and rainy night; the first since I arrived here. It allows for a mellow atmosphere to settle over the all too busy city life around, and permits you to indulge in your thoughts. So i did just that. I made myself a nice hot cup of coffee and walked out onto my wet balcony barefoot. I think we live in comfort too much. We become disconnected in a way to our environment and how powerful it is because we protect ourselves from it, we dominate our environment. I stood outside feeling the cold stone under my feet and it reminded me that i was alive.

Memories flooded into my mind of all the rainy nights I've shared with others in the past; with friends over a cup of tea, walks, puddle jumping, long drives, and sweet lovers under covers keeping each other warm laying arm in arm... by all figurative means.

Quite plainly here, i outline my intent for writing. Twas to say thank you, to all of those who have helped shape me into who i was, and who I'm becoming in the days and years to come. Thank you for the endless hours you worked, so i can be where i am today. Thank you for staying, and not giving up. Thank you for listening, when i needed to talk. Thank you for caring when i needed support. Thank you for getting to know me, for who i really am. Thank you, Thank you for being a part of me, and most of all, Thank you all for staying close to me. I really do cherish and love you guys dearly. I wish i could do more, to show all my gratitude. But I'm a man of limited means, so this will have to do (for now).

No comments: